Tile in San Diego, CA
Tile brings endless options to your interior design, with styles that can fit just about any preference or need. And if you’re looking for tile near you in San Diego, CA, you'll be thrilled to discover our expansive tile selection at Carpeteria Carpet One Floor & Home. Our tile experts can walk you through all of our tile collections, and go over your specific wants and needs.
Not sure which tile option is best for you? Here are a few guidelines to help in your search.
What Are the Three Types of Tile?
When it comes to tile, the three types that are recommended include porcelain, ceramic, and stone options. If you’re unsure which type of tile will work for you, consider your installation area and your budget. Let’s take a closer look at the three tile types and their benefits.
- Porcelain is made from naturally derived materials, such as clay, and kiln-fired at a high temperature, making it a durable tile option for all types of projects.
- Porcelain can be used in a variety of indoor and outdoor settings, e.g., floors, patios, and fireplace surrounds.
- Due to its more durable nature, porcelain tiles can be made to look like your favorite hardwood floors! Keep in mind that porcelain may not be suitable for wall installations.
- Like porcelain, ceramic tile is made from natural materials like clay However, ceramic is kiln-fired at a lower temperature to create a lighter, more porous tile.
- Ceramic tiles come in countless colors and patterns. It is a popular tile option for backsplashes and accent walls.
- Ceramic tiles are incredibly light and budget-friendly, and they are water-resistant.
- Stone tile is made from actual stone, making this tile option a beautiful and natural option for indoor and outdoor settings.
- While higher in price, stone tile is incredibly durable and, if sealed and maintained properly, these tiles can last a lifetime.
- Popular stone tile products include those made from slate, granite, travertine, and marble.
Tile for the Home
Tile’s steady popularity is linked to its diversity: one can install tile anywhere. The bulk of tile products are waterproof: all can withstand moisture and wear. Tile works well in just about any interior area, as well as in outdoor spaces. Here are a few areas we recommend adding tile.
Tile for the Kitchen
- When you have a tile backsplash, you won’t have to worry about all the possible kitchen mishaps that you’re likely to experience.
- A tile floor will keep you worry-free, giving you more time to enjoy your kitchen and less time cleaning!
- Whether you go for trendy or classic tiles or a combination of both, kitchen tile will bring your overall interior design together.
Tile for the Bathroom
- Tile is safe for moisture-prone areas like bathrooms and kitchens.
- You can customize your bathroom by using different tiles, adding borders, or creating a wall or floor design that is unique to you.
- Make a statement with a tile shower surround that is custom to your space.
Once you’ve picked out a tile option that works for your space, it’s time to schedule your installation! While tiling may seem easy enough, we recommend having a professional install your tile.
Prepare for your Tile Install
- You may need to replace your subfloor when installing floor tile.
- Thoroughly clean and inspect the area prior to installation.
- Cover all appliances, furniture, and personal belongings in or near the area of installation.
- Allow for a minimum of 2-3 days for your tiling installation, including prep, tile install, grouting, and clean-up.
Shop Tile Near You - San Diego, CA
Carpeteria Carpet One Floor & Home is a proud member of North America’s favorite independent flooring cooperative. You’ll love shopping locally while exploring only the finest tile brands. Ready to start your tiling project? Visit our showroom or browse our online tile selection today!