HARDWOOD FLOORS IN SAN DIEGO, CA
Need hardwood floors near you in San Diego, CA? Visit Carpeteria Carpet One Floor & Home! We offer the area’s premier inventory of solid and engineered hardwood flooring in trending styles and the best flooring brands, as well as flooring installation in our local showrooms.
Hardwood flooring is always worth investing in. Instantly add character, luxury, and value with signature wood grains and patterns. Not sure which hardwood matches your interior style? Our flooring experts can help you decide which flooring option is best for you.
Styling Your Hardwood Floor
Understanding the different variations of hardwood flooring will help ensure you love your flooring for years to come.
Whether modern or traditional, there is a flooring option for you. Express yourself with a variety of hardwood styles, including:
- Matte finish
- Wide Plank
- Narrow Plank
What Are the Best Hardwood Species?
Hardwood floors can be made using a vast range of domestic and exotic woods, sourced from the world’s forests.
Each respective wood species has its own unique level of hardness and strength, as well as unique colors and patterns.
Our most popular hardwood species include:
- White Oak
- Red Maple
What Is Engineered Hardwood Flooring?
Many customers are surprised to learn just how comparable solid and engineered hardwood can be in look and feel.
Here’s a closer look at these two types of hardwood.
- Engineered hardwood flooring has a sturdy composition comprised of hardwood veneers and resins, pressed together in durable cross-grains. It’s a denser floor that looks and feels like solid hardwood. Engineered hardwood resists warping and bending from humidity and can be refinished once or twice. It readily manages heavy foot traffic, pets, and children Engineered hardwood is available in a range of colors, species, and styles.
- Solid hardwood flooring is the original form of hardwood. While upkeep and installation are more expensive, solid hardwood has incredible return on investment if installed and cared for properly. Solid hardwood should only be installed in above-grade areas of your interior like bedrooms, hallways, and living rooms. It can be refinished multiple times to enhance finish, re-stain, and sand down imperfections.
Can Hardwood Floors Manage Humidity?
Maintaining healthy hardwood requires careful attention to your interior climate.
Keep a humidity gauge in the area before, during, and after your hardwood installation. In some cases, a dehumidifier may be necessary to protect your planks from warping.
Where Can Hardwood Floors Be Installed?
We recommend all hardwood flooring be installed by a professional.
Our stores offer installation services for most flooring products, as well as select warranties.
Here are a few installation tips to consider before scheduling your installation:
- Solid hardwood should be installed in above-grade areas including interior living rooms, bedrooms, and hallways.
- Engineered hardwood can be installed in areas below grade, including finished basements.
- Most hardwood should be avoided in high-moisture areas, e.g., kitchens, laundry rooms, or bathrooms.
Did you know? We also offer waterproof hardwood flooring options for those areas with high moisture, including your kitchen & bath.
Shop Hardwood Floors Near You at Carpeteria Carpet One
At Carpeteria Carpet One Floor & Home, you’ll love our hardwood inventory, and our onsite flooring experts can introduce you to flooring that’s a perfect fit for your needs and preferences.
We carry all your favorite flooring brands, including:
- Mediterranean Collection
- Louvre Collection
- Symphony Collection
Visit one of our two San Diego, CA showrooms today, or explore our latest hardwood flooring online at your convenience