Flooring Design and Sales Consultant
Carpeteria Carpet One Floor & Home – San Diego, California
Looking For a Career, Not a Job?
If you have a passion for people and enjoy interior design, this is the career opportunity you have been waiting for. If you are a self-motivated, and detail orientated individual we will provide the tools and training you need to achieve outstanding success. If you’re the type of person who desires compensation based on results, your financial security is assured by being assertive, creative, and by building your client base.
About the Position:
Flooring Sales and Design Consultant
This position requires interaction with customers to and assist them in making product choices according to their individual needs. Whether the interaction occurs in our brand new showroom, in the customer’s home, or in the community, the objective is always to provide both design and flooring advice that will make the customers buying decision easier. Therefore, the ideal candidate must be willing to divide his or her work time between the showroom floor, visiting customers’ homes, prospecting for new clients, and networking within the community. In order to be successful the candidate must also be willing to complete our extensive product and sales training.
It is also expected that the individual be a self- starter, personally well organized, and willing to create new business as well as to provide outstanding customer service and follow-up.
Although not an all-inclusive list, the following are some of duties and expectations for this position:
- Working effectively with other store employees.
- Working with the customer from beginning to end of the sale by communicating in a timely and professional manner with customers on all requests or concerns.
- Helping customers with their flooring choice through decorating and design advice.
- Keeping up-to-date on the wide selection of flooring options we offer along with the specifications and warranties provided by each.
- Visiting customer’s homes to provide product and design advice as well as measure areas for flooring.
- Following up with your customer after completion of the job.
- Using computer database to research availability of merchandise and to process orders.
- Networking regularly in the community
- Writing sales orders and processing the necessary paperwork for that order.
- Greeting customer on the sales floor and qualifying them to help determine the best floor for their lifestyle and needs.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Layout and work up a flooring estimate for customers.
- Building client relationships.
- Maintain showroom by keeping samples and displays neat, current, and clean.
Carpeteria Carpet One Floor & Home has long been regarded as experts in flooring installation, trained and provided the highest level of expertise and flawless execution every step of the way. Our work doesn't end after our customers leave the store and we've left their homes. Being local gives Carpeteria Carpet One Floor & Home the flexibility to act as a resource before, during, and long after the sale and installation of our customer's home flooring.
We believe in creating a family friendly work environment where each person is an integral member of the team, yet responsible for his or her own results and earning potential. We are proud of our heritage and would like to find an individual who will excel and prosper in a fast-paced retail environment and become a valued member of our team.
We offer the following opportunities and benefits:
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation
- Product and Other Promotional Discounts
The skills and abilities we’re seeking include:
- Self-motivated and internally driven to excel in your position and career.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong knowledge Microsoft Office programs and be willing to learn our operating system.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to get to work and to visit customers’ homes.
- A passion for or experience with decorating or design.
- Must be willing and able to attend some off-site training.
- Must have open and flexible work availability to include some weekends.
- Retail sales experience is a plus but not required.
- Professionalism, to include dependability, accountability, and punctuality.
- Time management skills for juggling multiple (and sometimes competing) deadlines and deliverables.
How to Apply:
- An up to date resume and a brief cover letter outlining your experience for the position.
- Salary history and/or requirements.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.
Carpeteria Carpet One Floor & Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- San Diego, CA
- High school or equivalent
- Customer Service: 2 years
- Sales: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License